Recognition for South Eveleigh, its programs and its tenants.
- National Trust – 2015 Heritage Awards – WINNER – Conservation of Objects and Interiors
- Energy Efficiency Council – 2014 Australian Energy Efficiency Awards – WINNER – Best Commercial Building Energy Efficiency Project
- NSW Office of Environment and Heritage – 2013 Green Globe Awards – FINALIST – Heritage Sustainability Award
- Deadly Award – 2013 for National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander achievements – WINNER – Employment Services – Koori Job Ready
- Treasury Managed Fund – 2012 Awards for Excellence – WINNER – WHS Risk Management Approach
- Exhibition and Event Association of Australasia – 2012 Awards for Excellence – FINALIST – Best Green Initiative – Conference Centre
- Delicious Produce Awards 2011 – WINNER – Outstanding Farmer’s Market, for the Eveleigh Market
South Eveleigh Tenant Awards
South Eveleigh appointed Art of Multimedia to create a local heritage interpretation resource that would celebrate the rich history and innovation of the Eveleigh precinct.
The project was commissioned in response to high community interest in the history of the area, Eveleigh Stories tells people’s stories in the context of the whole Eveleigh Railway Workshops precinct and the broader locality.
Content is organised in a thematic structure of An Indigenous Place, The Paddocks, Like a Living Thing, Faces in the Crowd, Working Life, Power, Movement and Evolving Eveleigh and Eveleigh at War. The site contains 30 stories, many include a short video that bring the stories to life, as well as galleries, meticulously researched stories full of quotes and source lists.
The website is designed to grow by incorporating more stories from around and across the railway including community members, who can submit their personal stories to the site. Each story enriches the history and celebrates the future expansion to come.
Working with South Eveleigh’s project manager, Juliet Suich and collaborating with AHMS, 3D Projects & NGH Environmental, AOM produced a suite of resources to cater for all kinds of audiences and their preferences for learning.
Using a combination of content delivery offers South Eveleigh visitors and history buffs everywhere an engaging experience in discovering the human stories and the evolution Eveleigh has gone through over the years.
South Eveleigh Tenant Cicada Innovations
Cicada Innovations (formerly South Eveleigh Innovations) won the 2014 Business Incubator of the Year - Technology Focus Award from the National Business Incubation Association (NBIA), the world’s leading organisation advancing business incubation and entrepreneurship. In 2014, South Eveleigh Innovations also took home NBIA's overall World Incubator of the Year award. South Eveleigh Innovations is located in the Park's National Innovation Centre.
South Eveleigh’s Data 61
The design of Data 61 (formerly the NICTA Building) by Cox Architects responds to the adaptive re-use of adjacent heritage buildings, and includes a specialised internal fit-out to promote and enable technological innovation. Building materials include weathered steel cladding to respond to the heritage context. Sustainability initiatives were designed into the base-building to reduce energy use, by minimising solar heat loads and providing natural light and ventilation to bathrooms, stairs and lifts. Balconies to the north provide additional amenity, overlooking a landscaped park and South Eveleigh’s Innovation Plaza.
Additional measures were added after construction to further improve the NABERS rating of energy efficiency performance, including solar power and efficient building management and lighting. In 2013, the building was awarded the top NABERS rating of 5.5 stars. The building, housing Australia’s largest organisation dedicated to ICT research, is also home to the Commonwealth Department of Defence Science and Technology.